Monday, December 7, 2009

A Saturday Night Off.....

This writing gig seems to be getting harder and harder, as my life seems to be getting busier and busier but I am determined to keep it going, as it is so enjoyable from my end, keeps me striving towards my goals, and keeps me in constant reflection at my life and things that matter to me. I am sure that some of you laugh at the idea of writing about food and how that could translate into intense introspection. That is okay. At the end of the day I guess as long as we understand each other, where we are coming from, recognize that the presence of passion in life is paramount and is what makes waking up everyday meaningful , then it is a good thing that we all come from different backgrounds, ideologies and centers of passion. I am just grateful that I am passionate about something, that I have people with whom I can share it, and hopefully atleast some of you might be getting something out of it. I know I am. I know this writing will take me somewhere. Where? I am not quite sure yet….

I am in the process of writing a piece entitled “What We Do When We Are Not Working” ….. it is a story from this past weekend with my cousin Alec, and my buddy Vin. What do us restaurant workers that typically work every weekend night do when we get that infrequent night off. I worked the day shift so that I could get off work and watch the Alabama vs. Florida SEC Championship game………Rarely do I get the opportunity to have a weekend night off, but I was off by halftime, and sitting at the bar enjoying the game with my cousin over a couple of Yuenglings. Before the second half started, Alabama was winning by a considerable margin, we were both buzzed from a shot of Goldschlager, and I couldn’t have been happier. The night only got better…. Well more interesting…Foggy….. Foggy almost always means a good time, and yes a good time was had. Expect the full story in the coming days…. Hopefully Tuesday afternoon……

No comments:

Post a Comment