Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Weekend - Important - Please Read!

Instead of posting additional essays, stories and tidbits on food, restaurants and life, I would rather have the weekend serve as a chance for everyone to catch up on my writings from the past week. The last thing I want to do is burn out, or burn anyone else from out from what I am doing. I want it to maintain a sense of freshness, reality and a feeling that it is alive. So, I will still be here in Starbucks writing over the weekend for next week, but I will save those stories for Monday through Friday when you are sitting at your office desks, or are sitting in the last row of class not paying attention to your professor's powerpoint presentation. Anyway, I have some great additions for next week that I hope you all look forward to.
When I began this blog I was unsure of the direction it would take. Perhaps I merely started it for myself, but with the response I have gotten, and the energy that has stemmed from it I have a hope, and a vision that it could turn into something special. Google advertises on my site, and sends me money when the ads they post generate click-throughs. For those of you who don't pay attention to those ads, there are some really good ones related to food - locally, and nationally. My thoughts are that if I am able to attain a strong readership through family, friends, work colleagues and get a true following on a national level this advertising income could turn into something substantial. What if I were to donate that to the community? I have a couple prefered charities, but some that stick out in my mind, and work with the ideals of the general topic of my writing are some of those that give back to the hungry, to the needy. Perhaps, that is another way to encourage all of your friends to check out the blog. I am here to write, to tell you about what I am passionate about, and get my name out there at the same time, and if I can create something positive for those who need it, I would jump at the opportunity. So, if you believe in what I am doing I encourage you to spread the word - it is for a good cause - and if any of you have suggestions for charity donations let me know - they will of course be considered. Have a great weekend. I hope it is warmer and dryer where you are. Here it is cold, and rainy. I want to lay on the couch and watch football all day... and all night. There will be time for that later... For now, back to the writing... Then off to work....

No comments:

Post a Comment